- CRP (Computer Renewal Program) - full-time faculty members receive CRP computers every three years.
- Cascaded computers - part-time faculty members can request for cascaded (used) computers - please contact the computer coordinator.
- York - York Net (wired) Air York (wireless)
FLAPS has its own network. Faculty members are on this
network. If not, please contact the computer coordinator.
- Log on - When the computer is turned on, you will see the
log on screen.
- Type in your user name and password - should be the same
as the ones for Passport York.
- You find your own directory and DLLL directory. Other people cannot open your directory.
- You can print out documents on the networked printer in the computer lab (Language & Literatures S568R).
- Please make sure you log out. when
you finish your session.
- DLL minilab - S568R PCs and Macs are available; a networked
HP printer and a stand-alone HP scanner; software; momiji
- If you wish to request hardware and/or software, please report to your coordinator, who will contact the computer coordinator. For software request for MLC, please contact the academic driector of MLC.
- There are two computer coordinators in DLLL, one for Langauges & Literatures and the other for Linguistics.
- Each computer coordinator often hires a work-study student
as a computer assistant, who assists faculty members.
- There are in-house workshops on various topics.
- Special requests should be forwarded to the computer