AP/JP1000 6.0 Interactive Exercises 15
I. Provide the Japanese equivalent.
II. Insert the most appropriate particles.
III. What would you say when:
1. you ask a customer what kind
of laptop she is looking for? [lit. would be good]
2. you ask someone about how many
students there are in this university?
3. you say anything would be fine,
but would like to have a sturdy one?
4. you are wondering if Tomoko
and Masao are getting married?
5. you ask someone if (it is the
case that) he is taking economics and psychology?
6. you ask a customer about how
much she can spend? [lit. about how much the budget is]
7. you suggest to a customer this
8. (you try to negotiate the price
and) ask if the salesperson could make it 20,000 yen exact?
9. you say that you won't need
it, and will look for one at other places?
IV. Express the following in Japanese.
1. I would like to
have a little larger one.
2. Where can I find
3. Are you looking
for a video camera? [very polite]
4. Among these which
is the best DVD?
5. Spanish is not as
difficult as German.
6. For me Chinese is
probably the easiest.
7. Among Chopin [Shopan],
Beethoven [Beetooben], and Brahms [Buraamusu], I like Brahms the
8. I would prefer a
Canadian to an American.
9. Young men these
days are not very reliable, are they?
10. This dictionary is more expensive
than that one.
11. Canada is smaller than Russia.
12. Sony is more popular than Toshiba.
© Norio Ota 2008