AP/JP1000 6.0 Exercises 12
I. Read the following telephone numbers in Japanese. Please hyphenate numbers and insert no
between the area code and the rest as in 826-9301 'hachi-ni-roku no kyuu-san-zero-ichi' .
II. Give the Japanese equivalent. Please hyphenate compound words as shown in the dialogues and vocabulary.
III. Insert the most appropriate particles (demo is considered as one
IV. What would you say when:
1. you apologize for having not
contacted someone for a long time?
2. you are suffering from your busy schedule as usual?
3. you say you would visit the other party?
4. you ask if (this) is Matsuda's residence on the phone?
5. you ask the caller to wait for a whle? [politely]
6. you will put Kyooko on the phone right now?
7. you decline an invitation for Sunday night, because you
have another engagement?
8. you ask the receptionist to connect to Ms Satomi of the
9. you thank a regular client for his/her patronage?
10. you ask if the caller wishes to leave a message?
11. you will contact the person again later?
12. you would like to have a non-smoking [non-sumookingu
or kin'en] room at a hotel?
13. you ask if it is OK to be late on Monday evening?
14. you ask someone to convey your regards to (a mutual friend,)
15. you are impressed with a coffee shop because it is pretty
16. you ask a waiter the telephone number of this place (the
restaurant where you are dining)?
17. you have received a telephone call which is a wrong number?
18. you ask a customer what s/he would like to have (at a
© Norio Ota 2008