The Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)
The JLPT was held at York
University for the first time in Toronto in 1997. The test has
been hosted by the Japanese Section of York University on
behalf of the Japan Foundation. It is also a joint event by
Japanese language professionals at several universities in
- We DO NOT host the 2012 JLPT during the summer.
- The Online Score Display system will be
available on Thursday, January 31.
- URL: https://www.jlpt-overseas.jp/onlineresults/top.html
- Examinees outside Japan can see their test
results.(Examinees who took the Test in China, Hong Kong,
Taiwan, South Korea and Malaysia can see their test
results on the websites of their local host institutions.)
- From the official Japanese-Language Proficiency Test
this dedicated website may also be accessed along with the
websites for examinees who took the Test in China, Hong
Kong, Taiwan, South Korea and Malaysia.
- The registration number and the password which the examinee entered on the application form (or input during online registration) are needed to view the test results online. If the password is not entered correctly, the examinee will not be able to view his or her test results online. In such a case, the examinee is asked to wait until the score report arrives.
The 2012 JLPT will be held on December 2, Sunday at York University.
The application period is from September 5th to October 5.
No late submission is accepted.
Only on-line application will be
Information Sessions (new)
*** Please contact Norio Ota, if it is not possible to use the on-line application form.
and viewing the streamed video link (2010)
This site is the first video-streamed orientation for the new JLPT.
(If your browser does not support Media Site Live, please use Internet Explorer.)
Please visit the following site for further information. http://www.jlpt.jp/
On the Test
Day you must bring the following:
- Test Voucher (print out the voucher
sent by E-mail to you) - If you did not receive one,
please bring the PayPal receipt. We will reissue it
- Photo ID (passport, driver's
licence or other official photo ID)
- Pencils (medium soft - No.2 or HB)
- no ballpoint pens
Please place your voucher and photo ID on
the desk during the test for identification.
- Photos are NOT required for application.
You MUST bring at least one official photo ID
(passport, driver's licence, etc.) on the day of the test.
If you do not bring such an ID, you will be disqualified.
- Please make
sure you turn off cell phones and alarm
watches before the test begins. If your cell phone or alarm watch
goes off during
the test, you will be disqualified
- Academic dishonesty will result in disqualification.