AP/JP1000 6.0 Oral Presentation
Create a skit.
· Four times a year: check the schedule and start preparing as soon as you can.
· The duration of your skit: OP1 - 2 minutes, OP2&3 - 3 minutes, OP4 - 4 minutes.
· Three students in one group (different members each time)
· Work as a team: share the workload evenly. Do not have one member work as a scriptwriter for everyone. Design a natural conversation with equal input by all.
· Demonstrate that you have mastered the grammar and vocabulary covered in the course. It is not about going above and beyond course content; it is about showing how well you can use course content. Do not ask a native speaker of Japanese to translate an English script.
· Limit new vocabulary to five words and prepare flash cards to introduce those words to your peers. Katakana words (e.g., Gurando- kyanion) count as new words.
· 3 or 4 minutes maximum (equally shared among the 3 presenters)
· Memorize your lines and act it out (do not read a script).
Warning: Students will be
Warning: Students will be disqualified if:
Students will be evaluated, both as a group and individually, on the following points.
-original and interesting
-appropriate for the academic contexts
-utilized course materials
-well-distributed and coherent
-paid a good attention to how the story starts, continues, and ends
-memorized everything and delivered meaningfully
-appropriate speed of delivery and voice projection
-appropriate and effective non-verbal elements
-appropriate accentuation and intonation
-accurate and appropriate use of vocabulary
-appropriate vocabulary for the level
-accurate and appropriate use of structures
-appropriate structures for the level