II. Insert the most appropriate particles.
III. What would you say when:
1. you say that you have already
bought beer and juice (for the party tomorrow)?
2. you ask a customer what she
is looking for politely?
3. you ask a customer what (kind
of) colour she would like [lit. would be good]?
4. you are impressed with the room
5. you tell someone to leave things
as they are?
6. you ask someone how long it has been since he came to Canada?
7. you ask your professor where
she is living?
8. you tell your host not to worry
(about doing things for you)?
9. you say that you have not decided
10. you wonder if the purple dress is a little too loud?
IV. Express the following in Japanese.
1. I will buy a new
car after I build a house.
2. What (kind of) colour
do you like?
3. I would like to
have a spring coat.
4. That looks fabulous.
5. Please give me both.
6. It will be 8,000
yen exact including the consumption tax.
7. It smells a little
bit like fish.
8. Have you already
booked the tickets for the opera the day after tomorrow?
9. We will be able
to take it easy all day long tomorrow.
10. Please tell me the location
of your residence again.
11. Is England larger than Japan?
12. What are you going to wear
for the party tonight?
V. Provide the transitive version.
© Norio Ota 2008