AP/JP1000 6.0 Interactive Exercises
I. Provide the informal/casual version of the following.
1. Kinoo wa sushi o tabemashita.
2. Eega wa shichi-ji-han kara deshita.
3. Kono hon o yomimashita ka?
4. Amari yoku wakarimasen deshita.
5. Sono mise no tenpura wa oishiku
6. Nihongo no shiken wa muzukashikatta
7. Bangohan wa sukiyaki deshita.
8. Kinoo no ban wa nani o nomimashita
9. Sono resutoran ni wa unagi ga
10.Tomodachi wa paatii ni kimasen
11.Sensee mo kaishoku 'dining together'
12.Dezaato wa kudamono ni shimashita.
13.Shuumatsu keeki o tsukurimashita.
14.Misoshiru 'miso soup' wa chotto shoppakatta
15.Mainichi uchi de ryoori o shimashita.
II. Give the Japanese equivalent.
III. What would you say casually when:
1. you suggest to decide on tonkatsu?
2. you ask someone how she is managing meals?
3. you ask someone if he has already had lunch?
4. you ask someone to have dinner together somewhere?
5. you are surprised because the place is very crowded?
6. you suggest to make something
7. you suggest to someone to have
8. you ask the waiter what kind of side dishes they have?
9. you order two servings of yakitori and gyooza?
10. you ask the waitress to bring two bottles of beer?
IV. Translate the following into casual Japanese.
1. I was living with a friend before, but it was getting tiresome.
2. I sometimes cook at home or eat out, but usually on the weekend I eat
at my parents' place.
3. Between classes I often come
to this coffee shop and do things like reading newspapers
4. (Dad says that) he will come
home directly from the company today.
5. I eat anything, but squid sashimi
V. Insert the most appropriate particles.
© Norio Ota 2008